Subject: [Fwd: caparmor pbs server is back now.]
From: Stephanie MAHEVAS <[email-masked]>
To: jean Couteau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:32:49 +0200

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	caparmor pbs server is back now.
Date: 	Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:51:03 +0200
De: 	[email-masked]
Pour :: 	[email-masked]
Copie à :: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]
Références: 	<[email-masked]>

Dear caparmor user,
cc benjamin and stephanie

1. Please take care when you submit your job that you do not submit  
huge number of job at a time. It fills up pbs log directory and it  
shutted down pbs server yesterday.
although it does not shutdown pbs sometimes, it slows down pbs command  
like 'tracejob' and 'qstat' which all user are using frequently.

2. Please do not create huge pbs output file(=yourjobname.o.22108).   
It fills up /tmp directory of node and it shut down pbs this  
afternoon, and in this case, it takes some time to fix pbs in case of  
such pb.

if you knew that your executable will create huge standard error or  
standard output please write in your pbs submission script as follows.

./exe >& /export/home12/yourloginname/toto

regards, tina

-- 
......................................................................
Stephanie MAHEVAS ([email-masked])
 IFREMER/EMH (Ecologie et Modèles pour l'Halieutique)  
 Tel: 02 40 37 41 81 Fax: 02 40 37 40 75     

    o   \ o /  _ o         __|    \ /     |__        o _  \ o /   o
   /|\    |     /\   ___\o   \o    |    o/    o/__   /\     |    /|\
   / \   / \   | \  /)  |    ( \  /o\  / )    |  (\  / |   / \   / \
......................................................................